There are plenty of reasons to purchase a metal roof. Not all metal roofs are the same. Most people who research the topic understand that metal roofs come in five different varieties. The different materials use in the construction of metal roofs offer distinctive qualities.
Metal Roof Types
- Copper metal roofs are eye-catching. It can make any home look classy as well as elegant. Copper is a strong metal that is often times coated with lead in order to give it that shimmery look. Copper is expensive and requires special installation skills.
- Tin is a tough metal that when dipped in molten tin becomes super strong. Tin installations are more expensive and labor intensive. Tin requires specialized roofing which means hiring a professional. Tin is weather resistant when properly installed.
- Aluminum is often used in wet climates. Aluminum metal roofs are rust- proof. It is also known to be longer lasting and more enduring than other types of metal. An aluminum roof will not have to be replaced when it has been maintained properly.
- Galvalume is the result of steel coated with zinc as well as an aluminum mixture. It easily fixes some of the scratch damages on its very own as it floats a portion of the coating over the damaged areas. Very popular with homes that sit along salt water.
- Galvanized steel is normally coated with zinc. This helps protect against oxidation and corrosion. Steel can be installed in different forms that include shingles, standing seam units, and single metal roof. The roof is a longer-lasting type that will not degrade.
The Metal Roofing Advantage
Metal roofs are quickly becoming a growing trend in the United States. They are a great option for people looking for a longer-lasting roof that does not damage like conventional roofing does. Metal roofs can out seal water.
Metal roofing is easier to install. A professional roofing contractor should always be used on the job to prevent injury and to get the roofing job done in a timely manner. Metal roofing arrives in sections and snaps together much like a puzzle.
The roofs are resistant to fire, insects, mildew, and rot. A metal roof can be very beneficial when installed by a professional. A majority of companies guarantee their roofs for up to 50 years or more. They pay for themselves over time.
Metal is a lighter roofing material than conventional asphalt roofs. Metal roofs are very lightweight. Due to the roof being lighter in weight, it is possible to apply a new roof over the existing metal roof as opposed to taking down the old roofing membrane.
The reason why a metal roof sells so quickly is due to the fire-resistance. Steel-roofing tends to be non-combustible. This is why it is given a Class-A rating. This is the highest rank that a roof can achieve. Fire safety is essential when looking for a new roof type.
Reflecting radiant heat from the sun is another reason why metal roofs are ever so popular. This minimizes heat gain and drastically cuts down on heating and cooling costs as well as directly affecting the environment in a positive way.
Noise is one of the complaints that are given in regards to metal roofing. Rain and broken tree branches often affect a metal roof greatly. Noises are more amplified through a metal roof. Some see theses noises as being ambient while others regard them as annoyances.
Generally the cost of a metal roof differs due to size and materials. They are squally sold for anywhere from $150 – $600 per square foot. Then more expensive of roofing materials the better the quality is going to be.
A metal roof can be a good investment for property owners because they are much less expensive to install and also resistant to many things. A metal roof could cost more up front but pay for itself over time. A good reason to replace a roof is:
Metal roofs are a new technology in roofing that has become trendy in recent years. More homeowners are going the metal route because of their longevity. Over the years, they tend to outlast most roofing types and offer appeal as well as a functional roofing system